Tuesday, August 17, 2010

She's bound to run amok Invested enough in it anyhow, To each his own

CURRENTLY:
Mood : Stoked
Loving: Tattoo's
Listening To : Broken Bells - The High Road


A quote below is one I believe to be true...

''The world is divided into two kinds of people:  those who have tattoos, and those who are afraid of people with tattoos''

I'm no punk rock kid, in fact I'm a long way from that image. I'm most comfortable rocking Topshop, Jack Wills, A&F, the preppy look than anything else. Yet, I love tattoos, there's something sexy and alluring, yet so untamed. Each person is a blank canvas, yet some choose to cover themselves with their story. 

I think that 'Kat Von D' is unreal, like this girl has PURE STYLE, not that her style is anything like mine, I doubt anyone will EVER see me in leather chaps, cut up motley crew tanks and sweat bands...but style has nothing to do with other people, it's your own. Something that defines you, and Kat Von D is one of the most beautiful women, yet she's covered in tattoos, even on her face.





Some of the most beautiful women in Hollywood are rockin' tattoos like Megan Fox and Angelina Jolie. But there's still a negative stigma attached to them.

So my parents aren't a fan of tattoos, I get that, the older generation are scared of them. They think tattoos equal drugs, alcohol, motorbikers, wild parties, rock & roll and sex & that's so not the case. At least, not these days anyways. 
Since my first one I have caught the tattoo-bug, there not addictive, but once you have one its easy to think of something that means a lot, or that inspires you and think 'yeah, that would look sick on my rib cage!' 


My parent's no longer care that I have tattoos, as does my older brother but whenever either of us discuss new ones they get all old-school on us
'You'll turn 25 and hate them all' 
No, No I won't. Because at the time that was exactly what I wanted to do and how I felt, you can change you mind, and your life and path my change but you can't erase the past and all tattoo's are a part of that past.


'what a bout when your old?! How would you feel if your grandma took off her cardigan and was covered in tattoos?' Erm, I wouldn't care because style is about person preference. And beauty to one person may be unsightly to another, but at the end of the day without that, what would define style or separate us as people?...

My next tattoo, is going to be on both hip bones, in Arabic, On one side,
When I fall, my family give me the Wings i need to fly  
and the other side
'and my friends give me the courage to pick myself up again <3'  
 It will look something like this


عندما تقع ، عائلتي تعطي أجنحة ط الحاجة إلى الطيران وأصدقائي تعطيني الشجاعة لاختيار نفسي مرة أخرى 


I'm also contemplating trying to incorporate some sort of angel wings, or phoenix wings to really finish the tattoo off. 

...


How do you guys feel about tattoos? Do you have any? What do they mean to YOU?

XOXO

8 comments:

  1. I loove tattoos. Kat is sooo hot. My boyfriend is a tattoo artist, when he was in LA he visited her tattoo shop LA Ink and got me a signed Kat Von D calender!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any tattoo, if I had one it would be small.
    I love tattoos but I would never cover my body with tattoos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love tattoos - each to their own. i wouldnt cover myself in them though xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. she is amazing, i don't have any tatts and i don't see myself getting one lol all that pain is not for me x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tattoos are beautiful!
    I have two. Script on my arm reads "like tears in rain". Its from Bladerunner, when I explain it to people they never really get it but I dont care.
    The important thing to remember about tattoos, and possibly remind people when they try and bring you down about having them, is that you dont get tattoos for other people. You get them for you.
    And they can mean everything or nothing at all.
    It's art. They dont have to understand.

    I also have a blue dove flying out of a gilded cage on my hip, for freedom.

    And when you're old and wrinkly and have a sleeve, or a chest piece or a chinese symbol on your ankle you wont care. Because you'll know, you fucking lived.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving this whole post about tattoos. Haven't gotten any yet but I'm planing to get one very soon. I'm thinking of getting the Infinity symbol on my wrist.

    Also, thanks for all those free stuff links on my blog! Much appreciated =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. she looks stunning in that first photo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love her, too! i like tattoos, not quite ready to get one right but planning to!

    ReplyDelete